Building perl with SFIO for fastcgi on hpux

Ronald E. Fortin (ref@mesasys.com)
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 09:55:45 +0000

From: "Ronald E. Fortin" <ref@mesasys.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 09:55:45 +0000
Subject: Building perl with SFIO for fastcgi on hpux

I know this problem was mentioned before, but I have not seen a
response. So here it is again.

I am building perl on hpux 10 with sfio so that I can use the FCGI
module.

I'm getting several errors such as the following in every file:

sos/web/tools/Languages/perl/add_ons/sfio97/include -O
cc: "/usr/include/pwd.h", line 89: warning 618: Declaration of
"_sfio_s" not vis ible outside this function prototype scope. cc:
"/usr/include/pwd.h", line 94: warning 618: Declaration of "_sfio_s"
not vis ible outside this function prototype scope.

These are only warning so I'm not too worried about them, but further
on in the compilation I'm getting errors when including
/usr/include/pwd.h complaining about and '*'.  It would appear that
'FILE' is not being defined.  Anyone else run into this problem and
have a fix?

Thanks

-----
Ronald E. Fortin