Re: FastCGI app restart/kill

Jonathan Roy (
Sat, 05 Jul 1997 10:51:16 -0400

Date: Sat, 05 Jul 1997 10:51:16 -0400
From: Jonathan Roy <>
Subject: Re: FastCGI app restart/kill

  Maybe you are referring to fastcgi 2.0, which I don't know anything
about, but if you are referring to the older 1.x which is probably more
commonly used, multiple accesses greater than the # of processes in the
pool are queued until a process can get to them. That's why you can set the
listen queue size. I think 2.0 does some dynamic pool size stuff, but we've
never tried it. Might give it a look once our fixes for 1.x are finally
added to the devkit. :)

At 02:21 PM 7/5/97 +0000, wrote:
>I know the switch '-processes' to specify the number of processes of
>one FastCGI app to start. And I know that when more then this amount
>of users try to access the App, new ones will be spawned. But what I
>would like to know is when those new ones will die when they are not
>used. And IF they will actually die.
>- Fabian Thylmann <aka NaTHaN>
>Mindleak - CGI and Web-Design
>Check our Home-Page:
>For the best WebDesign Archive on the Web:

Jonathan Roy - - Idle Communications, Inc.
Idle Communications accepts contract work in Perl/C/C++
programming, CGI development, and general system admin.