Fastcgi 2.0 beta bug...

thylmann@m1.sprynet.com
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:35:53 +0000

From: thylmann@m1.sprynet.com
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:35:53 +0000
Subject: Fastcgi 2.0 beta bug...

hello...

Not sure if you already know about this bug, if it actually is one.

I'm using FastCGI 2.0 beta (I think beta 1, not sure though.. since I
have no idea where it says what beta it is <g>).

There is a file called mbox in the dynamic dir, which gets recreated
each time apache restarts. The problem now is, that one can setup
apache so that it'll use a special user id after it was started.
Here, this is wwwrun. The problem is though, that FastCGI 2.0 doesn't
seem to care about that, and recreates the mbox file with owner set
to root, the user that STARTED apache, but not the user that apache
runs as. This results in dynamic fastcgi aps not working.
One can always set it to wwwrun manualy, but this is very annoying
and I am sure that there is a way to fix it inside of fastcgi...

thanks,
- Fabian Thylmann <aka NaTHaN>
Mindleak - CGI and Web-Design
Check our Home-Page: http://www.binary.net/mindleak/