Appclass Initialization Error

Jim Boutcher (jimb@novia.net)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:43:47 -0500

From: "Jim Boutcher" <jimb@novia.net>
To: <fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: Appclass Initialization Error
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:43:47 -0500

 I'm running Apache 1.2.1 w/ FastCGI 1.4.3.. Every so often when the system
is brought up and Apache is started, I'll get an error like:

Appclass: cannot create IPC socket.

And then nothing comes up... After this happens, I usually wait a minute or
so, and manually start it and everything works fine.

Yesterday I tried to compile in the beta FastCGI libraries, and no matter
what I do I always get that 'cannot create IPC socket' error..

Is this a problem with my system (FreeBSD 2.1.7.1-RELEASE), or something
wrong with my FastCGI configuration? I have a hard time believing in both,
because most of the time everything purrs along just fine with over 50
FastCGI apps running at the sime time and withstanding a huge hit rate..

Any help would be greatly appeciated..

Jim Boutcher