re:Fastcgi "OS error: interrupted system call" still happens

Mike Baptiste (
24 Jul 1997 12:09 EDT

Date: 24 Jul 1997 12:09 EDT
From: "Mike Baptiste" <>
Subject: re:Fastcgi "OS error: interrupted system call" still happens

We also saw the same error on our servers (Apache 1.1.3, Perl 5.002, HPUX
9, FastCGI compiled into perl and mod_fastcgi v1.4.3).  I had to write a
script that monitored the error logs and kicked the server automagically
when it happened.  However, I have now moved FastCGI to a new server
runnign Apache 1.2.1, Perl 5.004_01, and HPUX 9, FCGI-.30 w/ sfio,
mod_fastcgi v.1.4.3)  I have yet to see the problem.

The one thing different (besides using sfio) is I applied the memory leak
patch posted on the listserv earlier (see below)

Don't know if this was the prob (too soon to tell) but I do know my
processes on the old server were growing each day and now they have
stabilized, but its too soon to tell.

Mike Baptiste

FcgiCleanUp doesn't free the  TString structures (DStringFree frees
the contents, but not the structure)

so after the

you need to add
        Free( infoPtr->header );