Versions and Delays?

Jonathan Perlow (jdperlow@merc.com)
Sat, 02 Aug 1997 17:58:31 -0600

Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 17:58:31 -0600
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: Jonathan Perlow <jdperlow@merc.com>
Subject: Versions and Delays?

Serveral questions about fast-cgi:

Version Numbers:
	First, I see serveral references in the mailing list to versions 0.30 and
0.31. What do these versions refer to. I currently have two fcgi-devel-kits
(1.5 and 2.0B2). Are these versioning systems related?

Mail Archive:
	The mail archive at http://www.fastcgi.com/ does not appear to have been
updated in some time. I never received the patches that people are
referring to in the mailing list and I would like to get them from the
archive. When is the archive going to be updated?

Current Problems:
	I am using fast-cgi with perl 5.003 on Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sparc Ultra-2
with the the Open Market Server v2.1 (using external app classes). Many of
our subscribers have complained about slow response times to our fast-cgi
scripts. My debugging output showed that the the fast-cgi scripts response
time is under 1 second. I did some more investigating of the logs and found
that there is often a 10+ second delay from the time the request begins to
the time the fast-cgi script is invoked. This made me think that I didn't
have enough fast-cgi applications running, but that is not the case because
I can always connect to one instantly using cgi-fcgi. Is this a bug in
fast-cgi or the Open Market server. Any help on this would be greatly
appreciated.

-Jon