questions after reading fcgi-spec.html

Sonya Rikhtverchik (rikhtver@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:11:05 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: questions after reading fcgi-spec.html
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:11:05 -0400
From: Sonya Rikhtverchik <rikhtver@OpenMarket.com>

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:22:23 +0000 (GMT)
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E9ter_Verh=E1s?= DTN: 798-5435"
 <VERHAS@A1.BPSOF.BPS.mts.dec.com>
To: rikhtver <rikhtver@OpenMarket.com>
UA-content-id: E263ZWZCHZEFG
X400-MTS-identifier: [;62530151807991/632139@BPSOF]
A1-type: MAIL
Hop-count: 3

I hope you do not mind my writing you directly. I feel that my questions are
newbie and it could be worthless disturbing others. I am sorry disturbing you.

Fci-spec.html does not mention process affinity. Where is it detailed?

FastCGI does not deal with how the processes are started, or restarted. This
is
a Web server implementation issue. If this is the case how can the authorizer
tell the Web server:

        Hey, this is a user just wanting to log in, starting a session,
        for which I need a new process. Please start one!

        or: Start one on machine XYZ_SERVER! (load balancing)

or how can it say:

        I know this hit comes from user XYZ. Dear Web server, please
        issue the hit to the process XYZ_PID on server XYZ_SERVER as this
        is the process for this users.

How can an authorizer decide to authorize or unauthorize if it does not get
FCGI_STDIN or at least FCGI_DATA. (I assume FCGI_DATA is equivalent to the CGI
GET parameters, is it.)

Regards,
Peter

------- End of Forwarded Message