SYSV - C testscript works, PERL testscript doesn't

Alan Rykhus (alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu)
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:22:09 -0500

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:22:09 -0500
From: Alan Rykhus <alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: SYSV - C testscript works, PERL testscript doesn't

We've been working on installing fastcgi on a SYSV system running an
Apache WebServer. We've been able to compile the 2.0B2 C developer's kit
and the tiny-fcgi program works. We would like to use the
PERL5-interpreter though as our main script is in PERL. We've installed
PERL5.004_01 and compiled sfio97_src_unix.

When I compile the FCGI-0.31 module I get 4 warnings. The first 2 have
to do with type mismatches on lines 63 and 64 of FCGI.xs - I am able to
clear these up by defining n in sffcgiread & sffcgiwrite as a size_t and
also changing Void_t* to const Void_t* in sffcgiwrite.

The second two warnings are 'line 295 and 305 - end-of-loop not reached'
These I haven't been able to clear up.

The module does compile and install.

When the PERL test script is accessed the error_log records

'reason: mod_fastcgi: Unterminated CGI response headers, 0 bytes
received from app'

Al Rykhus
MnSCU/PALS