Unable to Create IPC Socket (Bind)

Jim Boutcher (jimb@novia.net)
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:51:28 -0500

From: "Jim Boutcher" <jimb@novia.net>
To: <fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: Unable to Create IPC Socket (Bind)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:51:28 -0500

Also having off and on problems with the error:

AppClass: could not create IPC socket

I put the -socket in my appclass directive, like: -socket room1

When I get the error, it hangs.. Here's what the relevant portion of /tmp
looks like:

srwxrwxrwx  1 root  bin        0 Aug 26 18:42 room

I've been debugging the problem, and I don't see why room1 isn't listed
there.. Here's the flow:

BindPath is equal to "/tmp/room1" when being memcopied to the
servAddrPtr->sun_path (In OS_BuildSockAddrUn).

I don't know if this is right, but for some reason the OS_BuildSockAddrUn is
being called twice in my code.. Only have it set for 1 process.

After that, OS_Bind calls bind(), which fails.. Errno=48 (EADDRINUSE).. ???

Then the Appclass: Could not create IPC socket is displayed, and it hangs
till it gets a CTRL-C..

Any ideas?

Jim Boutcher