Re: Windows NT and FastCGI

Benjamin Gavin (gavinb@supranet.net)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:45:40 -0500

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:45:40 -0500
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Subject: Re: Windows NT and FastCGI

Hi,
  I ran the echo program and had the same problem.  I started with the
QUERY_STRING=hello, and then proceeded to change it over and over, but no
matter what the page that was returned got QUERY_STRING=hello.  The PID
stayed the same, and the count incremented, but no change to the query
string.  I'll answer your question below to see if you have any more ideas:

>1) What version of the FastCGI libraries are you using?
  2.0b2

>2) What is your app written in?
  C++, Microsoft Visual C 5.0

>3) Have you tried the experiment of posting to "echo" for example
>   to see the different variables?
  Yes, as described above.  Just for informations sake I'll give you the
configuration that I am using.  Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, IIS 3.0,
Pentium 133, 48MB RAM.  Not sure what else you would need.  I can run the
program fine using it as CGI, but opening VERY expensive database
connections is very slow with regular CGI.  I also compiled the libraries
with MFC compatibility since I am going to be doing database accesses.  Any
other ideas??

Thanks for your reply,
Ben

P.S.  I have also recieved letters from others saying they had the same
problem and asking that I forward a solution if one is found.