FastCGI and Windows NT

Sonya Rikhtverchik (rikhtver@OpenMarket.com)
Tue, 02 Sep 1997 11:28:04 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: FastCGI and Windows NT
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 11:28:04 -0400
From: Sonya Rikhtverchik <rikhtver@OpenMarket.com>

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:07:26 -0400
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: Bill Snapper <shultz.gigapacket.com@gigapacket.com>

Hello,

I've seen several notes lately related to the 2.0.b2 FastCGI kit for
Windows NT and decided I would take a minute and test it out to see
if "bit rot" had set in or what.

I just performed the following experiment.

1) Downloaded the FastCGI kit from the fastcgi.com web site.
2) Extracted the kit.
3) cd'd into the top level directory of the kit.
4) ran "build_no_shell.bat"
5) My script map entry was added to point to the newly built cgi-fcgi.exe
7) Started IIS
8) Accessed echo_nt.fcgi and gave it a query string.
9) Did this again and changed the query string.  It came out as the new
   string.

I ran this test using VC++ 4.2.  It worked fine.  The code has not
been tested by me using MFC or with VC5.0.  If someone does get to
do this and there are changes required to make the libraries work,
please submit the changes to Open Market so that they can be
incorporated into the general release.

- - Bill -

------- End of Forwarded Message