Re: State of FCGI for NT

Benjamin Gavin (gavinb@supranet.net)
Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:25:47 -0500

Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:25:47 -0500
To: Darryl Wagoner <darryl@sai.com>,
From: Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Subject: Re: State of FCGI for NT

Hi,
  I have recently gotten it to work under NT.  However, if you decide to
use MFC, you will need to use the FCGX calls, rather than the straight
getenv, printf, etc..  At least that has been my experience.  If anyone
else has gotten  FastCGI to work with MFC and using the regular calls (no
FCGX), please let the list know so others can benefit.  Anyway, yes FastCGI
is running under NT, and I have found it to run quite nicely.
  One quick suggestion though.  I would run the FastCGI programs on other
_specific_ ports.  We ran into some oddities when we ran the FastCGIs
without specifying the port.  Possibly due to conflicts with the NT
Webserver (We use IIS).  After I changed the socket to localhost:port, it
worked great.

Ben