Re: passing values

David J. MacKenzie (djm@va.pubnix.com)
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 16:17:37 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 16:17:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David J. MacKenzie" <djm@va.pubnix.com>
To: Sarah Kennedy <kennesk@cursa.stortek.com>
Subject: Re: passing values

On Thu, 04 Sep 1997 15:16:52 -0600, Sarah Kennedy <kennesk@cursa.stortek.com> said:

> How do I pass 'order_nbr=16' (or whatever the order_nbr may be)??

In exactly the same way.  That's just the CGI "GET" method, which
FastCGI supports.  the "order_nbr=16" will end up in the QUERY_STRING
environment variable after FCGI_Accept() runs.

> What would I specify for the ACTION value in <FORM>? Previously it was
> ACTION='report.cgi'. How would I specify that in fastcgi?

ACTION=report.fcg, or however you've set up your web server to
identify FastCGI applications.  In apache, I use
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg
in srm.conf to make files ending in .fcg be FastCGI applications.