symbol not found: _sfdisc

Alan Rykhus (alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu)
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:32:40 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Alan Rykhus <alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: symbol not found: _sfdisc
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:32:40 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I'm still working on getting the Perl FCGI module to work on UnixWare.
By putting some debugging code into Apache I discovered the buffer that
is passed from the fascgi script to Apache contains "dynamic linker:
/usr/bin/perl: symbol not found: _sfdisc"

If its of any use, I've grepped /usr/bin/perl and _sfdisc is in it,
I've grepped FCGI.so and _sfdisc is in it, but it is not in libperl.so.

I also have fastcgi working under Linux along with converting our main
Perl cgi script to fastcgi, and it works great.

Additionally, when I compile the FCGI module I get type mismatches for
FCGI.xs lines 63 & 64 - these I'm able to fix by chnging some
definitions from int to size_t. I also get type mismatches in os_unix.c
on lines 1009 & 1119 which I am also able to clear up by changing int's
to size_t. There are also 2 other warnings fo FCGI.xs, lines 295 & 305,
end-of-loop code not reached, these I have not been able to remedy.

Are there any suggestions as to how to clear up the problem of the
undefined symbol?

thanks
Al
MnSCU/PALS