Re: mod_fastcgi

Stanley Gambarin (stanleyg@cs.bu.edu)
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:43:34 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:43:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stanley Gambarin <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
To: Gerardo Diaz Cuellar <gdiaz@blackbox.cegs.itesm.mx>
Subject: Re: mod_fastcgi

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Gerardo Diaz Cuellar wrote:

> Ok, so which are the newest version which includes all the patches and
> has everything fix? ON FCGI? and on PERL5 sfio?

	I guess i should clarify the issue here... there are 3 separate
parts here..
	1.  mod_fastcgi module that implements FastCGI protocol
functionality for   the apache server by translating HTTP requests into
FastCGI requests and back
	2.    FCGI developer kit - which implements the protocol for the
FastCGI application.. this covers overwriting stdio routines, FCGX_*
functions, etc.
	3.  Application libraries which allow implementation of the
of the FastCGI applications in the language other than C.  They are build
on top of the FCGX_* routines.

	I (personally) am dealing with (1) only and am not involved
in anything else.. (no time)

	(2) is still "maintined" by OpenMarket, but as far as I know,
the accept() fix was NOT put in the latest developer kit (i may be
mistaken, so Roy, if you can check it against whatever is on the
website www.fastcgi.com... would appreacite it).

	As for the (3), most of the libraries are still provides by
OpenMarket, with the following exceptions:
	There are some changes for Java code to make it work with 1.2
release of JDK (or is it 1.1.3 ?)
	Perl-FCGI module, which is maintained by Sven. Latest version
is .031 i think.

	So, the whole purpose of this letter is ... next time when
you reporting problems/requesting enhancements/just baabbling, make
sure to report with one of the 3 items above you are
referring to...

					Stanley.