latest devkits missing accept()-related fixes

Jonathan Roy (roy@atlantic.net)
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:08:10 -0400

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:08:10 -0400
To: Stanley Gambarin <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
From: Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net>
Subject: latest devkits missing accept()-related fixes

At 04:43 PM 9/11/97 -0400, Stanley Gambarin wrote:

>	(2) is still "maintined" by OpenMarket, but as far as I know,
>the accept() fix was NOT put in the latest developer kit (i may be
>mistaken, so Roy, if you can check it against whatever is on the
>website www.fastcgi.com... would appreacite it).

  I checked it 'cause of your comment. The 1.5.1 and 2.0b2 devkits on the
web site do NOT have the accept() fix which can cause it to lockup on
Solaris (and maybe IRIX). (The problem where lots of processes will quickly
die won't be seen until the accept is fixed, since it'll lock up before
they can start dying, but Chip's second patch fixes both problems.)
Fortunantly, Idle only does fastcgi in perl for now, so the fixes being in
FCGI 0.31 helps.

  The patches were reposted to the list on 6-18-97, by Sonya. That they
still aren't in the official devkits after nearly 3 months is extremely
disappointing.

-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Roy - roy@idle.com - Idle Communications, Inc.
Idle Communications, Inc. accepts contract programming