Re: mod_fastcgi

Anthony Rumble (anthony@rumble.waratah.id.au)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:43:07 +1000 (EST)

Subject: Re: mod_fastcgi
To: stanleyg@cs.bu.edu (Stanley Gambarin)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:43:07 +1000 (EST)
From: anthony@rumble.waratah.id.au (Anthony Rumble)
	>f#!v]g7Y!bu7EDq.2fa]WH.:c/}T~4N^b.mc:p<L@K4wTZ#6.)NeCd;7!Eh:r}SIb^E91~

The main thing thats causing all this confusion is the fact
that there is no formal version control on the
archives or filenames. I have NO idea what
version of the dev kit I have.. or what version of apache-fastcgi
because every release is named the sam thing.. Iand usually you
can't rely on the files contained within to determine
the version number..

>From the readme of the apache-fastcgi I have a version 2.0b1 16 Apr 1997
for the Whats new.. But is this the latest? There hasen't been
a change since april? I doubt it..

Could we possibly take the ideas from say the CPAN project and
take on their archive numbering scheme so that we have
something in the order of apache-fastcgi-2.0b1.tar.gz

It means that when I look in an ftp site or http page, if I see
a new version.. I know immediately that theres a new version..

It also means if there are unofficial releases, they can put something
to tghe end of the version to indicate this..

At the moment were all flying blindly around wondering what patches
were applied to what release.. an no one knows..

I know the version of the FCGI module (since it's a CPAN one)..
I know the release of the sfio code.. and the perl release..
but thats about where it ends..

--
Anthony Rumble - aka SmilieZ
Mobile 015-955-042 Pager 016-634-997