Re: mod_fastcgi

Anthony Rumble (anthony@rumble.waratah.id.au)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:05:25 +1000 (EST)

Subject: Re: mod_fastcgi
To: stanleyg@cs.bu.edu (Stanley Gambarin)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:05:25 +1000 (EST)
From: anthony@rumble.waratah.id.au (Anthony Rumble)
	>f#!v]g7Y!bu7EDq.2fa]WH.:c/}T~4N^b.mc:p<L@K4wTZ#6.)NeCd;7!Eh:r}SIb^E91~

> 	I am currently trying to get some sort of versioning
> mechanism in place, at least for the apache mod_fastcgi module.
> As for the other stuff, I do not have enough resources (time, machines,
> web access) to get involved, but I am open to suggestions.
>
> 				Stanley.

One common method.. is to setup a cvs repository server
that allows anyone to take a "Snapshot" (cvs checkout/export)..
but only developers to be able to update..

Using CVS is the best way of tracking the changes, and working on branches
of code etc.. you can build a set of scripts that
will tage a release.. export it.. comile the stuff.. make a tar.gz
ready.. and put it onto the web server..

For thoes who are more swicthed on and likme to live on the edge
they run cvs themselves, and justr take snapshots of the
source tree using cvs.. and work with that..

At least theres then an audit log of who did what patches and
where and when

Anthony

--
Anthony Rumble - aka SmilieZ