accept(), solaris 2.6, devkit1.5.1

suit (zoot@jobtrak.com)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 03:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

From: suit <zoot@jobtrak.com>
Subject: accept(), solaris 2.6, devkit1.5.1
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 03:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

for those wanting to use the devkit without accept() lock patches under solaris
it does work under the following conditions:

solaris 2.6 - [ looks like they fixed? their accept call ]
apache 1.2.4 - [ pre 1.2.3 was hurting under solaris 2.6 ]
fastcgi-devkit 1.5.1 - [ no patches applied ]
apache-fastcgi module 1.4.3 - [ with duplicate typedef removed ]

our peak loads went from 60 to 6 :)

the only remaining wierdness is that the apache-module will ocasionally
fail on a buffer length assert() - but we haven't been able to reliably
recreate the situation yet ... *shrug*

thanks for the help along the way,
-rob

--