Re: FCGI listen-queue

Bill Snapper (snapper@gigapacket.com)
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 12:49:39 -0400

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 12:49:39 -0400
To: uiddise@lexis-nexis.com (Stephen Iddings),
From: Bill Snapper <snapper@gigapacket.com>
Subject: Re: FCGI listen-queue

The listen queue depth limit is operating system imposed and not
limited by Apache (I believe) or FastCGI.  This is an issue to
take up with the operating system vendor and see what they can
tell you.

- Bill -

At 10:13 AM 9/17/97 -0400, Stephen Iddings wrote:

>We wrote a client driver for testing Apache 1.2.4 and FCGI 2.0b1.  We
performed
>alot of load testing and threshold testing.  We found that there appears
to be an actual limit on the listen-queue-depth of around 50, even if set
to a higher
>number.  Any requests that were sent in excess of this value were returned
with a connection error (500).  Is there a documented limit on the
listen-queue-depth for FCGI?