Re: os errors

Stanley Gambarin (stanleyg@cs.bu.edu)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:16:55 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:16:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stanley Gambarin <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
To: thylmann@m1.sprynet.com
Subject: Re: os errors

	This error usually indicates that the web server is
unable to connect the fastcgi application.  There are a number
of reasons why this maybe happening, some of which include:

- the fastcgi application is not running
- the server could not connect to the app within certain
time interval (for dynamic apps)
- the server could not start the fastcgi app within
certain time interval (for dynamic apps)
- a number of queued requests for the single fastcgi
application has exceeded OS limits.
- many others...

	Since you do not mention what version of the
module you are running, there is almost nothing I can
do.  If you are running 1.4.x series, i would suggest
to increase number of fastcgi processes running at one
time (-processes 5).
	If you are using 2.0.x series (dynamic apps)
you can try to increase the timeout intervals (consult
the help page mod_fastcgi.html for proper directive).
Also, take a look at the error log and see if any other
messages pop up.

			Hope that was of some help.
					Stanley.