os error thing again..

thylmann@m1.sprynet.com
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:06:17 +0000

From: thylmann@m1.sprynet.com
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:06:17 +0000
Subject: os error thing again..

Hello,

I have checked on this a little more..

First of all, -process 10 -listen-queue-depth 50 should mean in my
oppinion that the os error happends as soon as 511 people try to get
to the program. Meaning, if 10 are beeing processed and 500 already
are in the queues (50 for each process), the next person will be
rejected.

I find this a little strange. What happends is this.
Suddenly, OS Errors starting occureing.. for anywhere between 10
seconds and 10 minutes.. Every connection is rejected, and there is
one connecion every 1-2 seconds... Now, with a -processes 10 and a
-listen-queue-depth 50, this sounds a little hard to beleive, no?

I am useing the fcgi 1.4.x (not sure which one.. I think the
newest non-beta one) and the newest fcgi devel lib..

- Fabian Thylmann <aka NaTHaN>
STATSnet - free statistics for your WebPage!
http://www.stats.net