Re: os error thing again..

Jonathan Roy (
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:43:33 -0400

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:43:33 -0400
From: Jonathan Roy <>
Subject: Re: os error thing again..

  Are you on a Solaris or IRIX box? Are you running fastcgi programs
written in C, or perl and using version .30 or older? If so, please
upgrade immediately. :) On Solaris/IRIX there is a
bug in the accept() code that will eventually make your fastcgi manager die
and refuse all future connections... Grab the 1.4.x on there, it has the
accept fix applied.

At 09:06 PM 9/19/97 +0000, wrote:
>I have checked on this a little more..
>First of all, -process 10 -listen-queue-depth 50 should mean in my
>oppinion that the os error happends as soon as 511 people try to get
>to the program. Meaning, if 10 are beeing processed and 500 already
>are in the queues (50 for each process), the next person will be
>I find this a little strange. What happends is this.
>Suddenly, OS Errors starting occureing.. for anywhere between 10
>seconds and 10 minutes.. Every connection is rejected, and there is
>one connecion every 1-2 seconds... Now, with a -processes 10 and a
>-listen-queue-depth 50, this sounds a little hard to beleive, no?
>I am useing the fcgi 1.4.x (not sure which one.. I think the
>newest non-beta one) and the newest fcgi devel lib..
>- Fabian Thylmann <aka NaTHaN>
>STATSnet - free statistics for your WebPage!

Jonathan Roy - - Idle Communications, Inc.
Idle Communications, Inc. accepts contract programming
work for general purpose tools (or CGI) in Perl/C/C++.