Re: error message?

Stanley Gambarin (stanleyg@cs.bu.edu)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:42:32 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:42:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stanley Gambarin <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
To: Lee Pollington <lee@cursci.co.uk>
Subject: Re: error message?

	Sorry... i can not see the attachments, but I can comment
on the error message.  The perl script that has been running has
recieved a signal 11 which is a SIGTERM.  This can be happenning
for a number of reasons: the most common cause is that the server
needs to terminate, so it sends out the SIGTERM to all the children
to mark the end of processing.  One of the server's children is the
process manager, who just resends this signal to all of its children,
i.e. fastcgi applications.
	Similar situation arises when the server has determined that
one of the dynamically started fastcgi applications has run long
enough, so it decides to kill it by sending it a SIGTERM signal.
	I believe that this is your case (correct me if I am wrong)
since the process manager will log the process termination of the
dynamically started application (it says so in the code), but it will
not restart it.

					Hope that was of some help.

						Stanley.