Appclass/Virtual Host Configuration Problem

Sonya Rikhtverchik (
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:57:09 -0400

Subject: Appclass/Virtual Host Configuration Problem
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:57:09 -0400
From: Sonya Rikhtverchik <>

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:06:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jim Boutcher <>

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.. :) Seems to be a
security issue, but I can't see where it's at.

Running Apache (latest), and the latest non-beta fastcgi libs and dev
kits.. I have one fast application that only spawns 1 instance of itself..
I'll call it 'proggy'.

So, the program resides (and the appclass points to:)

Everything works fine running off ... calls it up, and everything is great..

Okay, now I add 1 virtual host.. ... I set up a document
root that is:

Then I symbolically link the cgi-bin directory under the
directory.. Ok.. Any NON-fastcgi applications under that directory work

That's fine!

But, if I go to my fastcgi app:

It fails, and the error logs state that I don't have an Appclass directive
for it..

I know a wicked-ugly way around this (making multiple Appclass directives
for each symbolic link I have pointing at that directory).. But is there a
nicer way??

Jim Boutcher

------- End of Forwarded Message