Re: fastcgi echo hangs if called via form

Alan Rykhus (alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:43:25 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Alan Rykhus <alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu>
To: Kelly Carney <kcarney@gomer.stortek.com>
Subject: Re: fastcgi echo hangs if called via form
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:43:25 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 17:22:09 -0600 Kelly Carney
<kcarney@gomer.stortek.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the problem verification.  I'm never quite sure if it's
> just me or not with this stuff.
>
> FYI, I sent Stan (the main man) a stack dump and a couple truss
> (system call traces) files that show the hanging process getting
> stuck on a call to poll().  Looks like there should have been one
> more file descriptor being polled.  Hope that's a clue as to what's
> really going wrong.
>
> I REALLY need this to stuff to work better.  We have things setup
> so we get paged when our application hangs.  Happening 1 to 5 times
> a day now.  It'll only get worse.
>
>                     Kelly

A problem I've just found with our fastcgi script involves when the
REQUEST_METHOD is POST. For some reason there is no CONTENT_LENGTH
passed to the script(I'm still looking into it). When it does the read
the length is 0 so nothing is read to get variables to pass to the
script. We're able to work around that with a default page, but this
could be a possibility to look at.

Al

Alan Rykhus
MnSCU/PALS