Re: fastcgi echo hangs if called via form

Alan Rykhus (alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:54:23 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Alan Rykhus <alan.rykhus@mankato.msus.edu>
To: Stanley Gambarin <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
Subject: Re: fastcgi echo hangs if called via form
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:54:23 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

This is not a bug in fastcgi or the developers kit. Its just something
that happens occasionally with POST's on our server. I was only
pointing it out as a possible problem.

We see it happening and are attempting to figure out the cause. When
the CONTENT_LENGTH is not given it seems to not read anything from
STDIN.

Al

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:17:17 -0400 (EDT) Stanley Gambarin
<stanleyg@cs.bu.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Alan Rykhus wrote:
> >
> > A problem I've just found with our fastcgi script involves when the
> > REQUEST_METHOD is POST. For some reason there is no CONTENT_LENGTH
> > passed to the script(I'm still looking into it). When it does the read
> > the length is 0 so nothing is read to get variables to pass to the
> > script. We're able to work around that with a default page, but this
> > could be a possibility to look at.
> >
> 	This could be a potential problem.. if there is no
> Content-length header passed, then the application has no idea
> how much input to expect.  Ideally it would just soak up all
> the input until there is no more left, but I am not sure if
> that is what we do right now...

Alan Rykhus
MnSCU/PALS
rykhus@mail.mankato.msus.edu