Re: Appclass/Virtual Host Configuration Problem

Jim Boutcher (jimb@novia.net)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:39:01 -0500

From: "Jim Boutcher" <jimb@novia.net>
To: "Stanley Gambarin" <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
Subject: Re: Appclass/Virtual Host Configuration Problem
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:39:01 -0500

>> Isn't the problem somewhere in how mod_fastcgi doesn't like symbolic
links
>> to AppClass programs?
>>
> It is a possibility, I may need to look in the code a bit
>more. Also, if you using symlinks, there are some options in Apache
>to configure the behavior (it might not be even relevant, but just
>in case)... those are FollowSymLinks* (i think)

It's just with fastcgi.. I created a symbolic link to the cgi-bin directory
(where the fast cgi apps are located).. I configured Apache to
followsymlinks, and I have absolutely no problems accessing regular
cgi's/programs using the symbolic link.. But, when I access the fastcgi
application, I get an error, and the error log states something along the
lines of:

No AppClass directive for
/usr/local/etc/httpd/symboliclinktocgidir/fastcgiapp.fcgi

Jim Boutcher